Passengers who are ending their journey in Hong Kong and have visited or transited through Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, South Africa, the United Kingdom (effective 1 October 2020 0:00, Hong Kong time) or the United States in the 14 days prior to arriving will be required to show the following documents.
1. Test report A test report issued by a laboratory or healthcare institution that contains the passenger’s name identical to that in his/her valid travel document to show that:
- they have undertaken a nucleic acid test for COVID-19;
- the sample for the test was taken within 72 hours of the scheduled time of departure of the flight to Hong Kong; and
- the result of the test for COVID-19 was negative
The test report must be written in either English or Chinese and can be presented in paper or electronic format If the test report above is not in English or Chinese or does not contain all the above mentioned information, it is acceptable to present a written confirmation, in English or Chinese, issued by the laboratory or healthcare institution that contains the following information:
- the name of the passenger (this must be identical to the name in his/her valid travel document);
- they underwent a nucleic acid test for COVID-19,
- the sample for the test was taken within 72 hours before the scheduled time of departure of the flight to Hong Kong; and
- the result of the test for COVID-19 was negative.
This written confirmation must be presented with the test report. For passengers travelling from the United Kingdom
- the NHS (National Health Service) test report does not meet the Hong Kong entry requirements and will not be accepted
Our laboratories are accredited to ISO17025 by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
UKAS is the only national accreditation body recognised by the British government. Our laboratories are part of the few laboratories in the UK that’s approved specifically for COVID-19 testing by UKAS.
These certificates and approval documents, as well as the approval for the analyser itself are provided to you with your test results in the email you receive. ISO15189 is not required.
If you are travelling to Hong Kong, we are pleased to inform you that our labs, HMR & 20/30, are officially approved by the Hong Kong port authority for Covid-19 testing. Therefore our test certificates are fully acceptable to travel to Hong Kong with.
We have also recently partnered with Cathay Pacific for Hong Kong travellers to be COVID tested within the UK.
We provide our patients all the documents they need to travel to Hong Kong without issue in the email they receive from us that contains their test results!
Please feel free to check the following links for further clarification -
London Clinic Tests
Manchester & Birmingham Clinic Tests